Sunday, June 3, 2012

May Winners, New Design Team and June Challenge


There is too much to post this morning!  We have winners for the May challenge, new design team members and a new challenge for the month of June.


A big thank you to our sponsor for the month of May, Zoe from Make it Crafty generously donated a gift certificate to her store.



Our random winner of the Make it Crafty gift certificate is.....#71 Terry Bardal.


Please email me, Terry and I will connect you with Zoe so that you can order your new supplies.


We had a wonderful 75 entries in the Spring Flowers challenge.  There were so many excellent ones to choose from.  You all should be proud of your creations. However, the top THREE winners are.........








email entry - Barb G

Here is your badge ladies - display it proudly!

Now on to the new design team.  We had many wonderful entries and it was fun to choose from such talented crafters.  Anja and Shaz are remaining on the team and now we have new friends to create with.  Let me introduce you to our new team mates:




My name is Anna-Karin and I have been doing arts and crafts my whole life, but papercrafting is the one that has totally captured my heart and mind. I have been making cards since 2002, when I got the idea of making my own Christmas cards. It turned out to be a brilliant idea and cardmaking has given me numerous hours of fun since then. I got my first stamp that same year and stamping is what I enjoy the most. My stamps are my absolute favorite tools and I love creating something using only white paper, stamps and ink. I love trying out new and old techniques, to experiment and try different products and tools.

Scenic stamping is probably my favourite type of stamping. It is so wonderful to be able to create my own natural environments and my head is full of scenes waiting to be stamped. I use Stampscapes, Sutter and sometimes also Beeswax stamps, also mixing in my other ‘non-scenic’ stamps into my scenes sometimes. I love all stamps, but if I had to choose, Stampscapes are my favourites. I was very happy when Kevin from Stampscapes published 6 of my scenes as idea cards.

After having posted my cards and layouts on Flickr and Two Peas for a long time, I started a blog last year, it’s a lot of fun.  I try to make scenic stamping more known by regularly including it in my design team work, as well as at the Stamping Board at Two Peas in a Bucket, where I have been an active member for a long time now.  My blog: www.layersofink.blogspot.com



Hi, my name is Nadia aka Dianascarlett.  I am mother of two kids, son Alexey 6, daughter Victoria 4.
I have been married for 17 years.  I was originally from Russia and now live in America since 1989.

I have been a crafter for about over 6 years now. I have two blogs, one is is Russian, one is in English. 

I recently started my own on  line scrapbooking materials store at ScrapAffair.  My blog: http://scrapaffair.blogspot.com/



Crafting is something I have always done in some form or another, but card making for about ten years. I am privileged to design and teach for companies here in the UK, as well as Animal Spirit Stamps in the States.  I also run a couple of challenges including a monthly one for Penny Black. Although I love to dabble in all things crafty, inking and brayering remain my favorite techniques and are what I teach and demo. Because my mobility is poor, crafting fills a good amount of my time, although I do work part time in my husbands office.


I love working with floral and silhouette stamps and creating scenes. I have a good number of Stampscape stamps, Lavinia and Inkylicious to name a few. I was trilled when you started your challenge as I find every time I do a demo, it is a style of crafting so many clearly want to learn but lack confidence so the inspiration offered by your challenge fills that void perfectly.  My blog: http://stamping-fantasies.blogspot.co.uk/



Ok, now to the part for which you have been waiting so patiently.


Our theme for June is Beach Scenes - a bit of sand and water.  Please remember that this is a scenic blog and we are more interested in the scene than any of the cute characters.  Your scene this month must include a beach with sand and water.


Here is what a few of the DT members came up with.  We will have posts from our new DT members next week.













Our sponsor this month is Rubbernecker Stamps with Kittie Kits.  Kittie was on our last design team and helped to arrange for this sponsorship.  Please check out Kittie's great scenic kits and all the other wonderful images at Rubbernecker.


Please check the rules on the side bar or on the rules tab before posting.  Have fun making your great beach scenes and I will be back next Sunday with more inspiration from our new design team.

NancyD

15 comments:

Scrap Affair said...

Congratulations to the winners!!! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

Helen in the UK said...

Great new theme ... will fill my head with summer thoughts and dreams! Thanks for the DT for getting the ball rolling :)

stampinganja said...

Congratulations to Terry, Carla, Linda and Barb G. Wonderful work! A big welcome to Anna-Karin, Nadia and Brenda!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog, Nancy & giving me the heads up for this challenge. You're too sweet!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Anna-Karin said...

Big congrats to Terry, Carla, Linda and Barb G! Love your scenes, gorgeous details, design and colouring. So happy to be on the DT of Craft a Scene!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

awesome work there everyone - and hopefully might to get to join in with you this month too. Shaz in oz.x

Linny said...

Thank you very much for chosing my card in the top 3. *I shall be very proud to show my button. Linda x

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners, all the cards are just fantastic!

Hugs, Lori m

Dora said...

hello,
what beautiful creations from the team and of course congratulations to the winners.
you have a great theme for this month.
I hope that my card fit into this theme and again I draw it by myself.
good luck.
greetings Dora

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Had entered awhile ago & my entry was not scenic acceptable so I'm trying this one, Beach Father's Day Card, to see if it meets the scenic requirement. Please let me know.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Deanna said...

Congrats to all the winners. beautiful scenes! Awesome challenge for this month:)

Nancy said...

Lovely cards for inspiration and congrats to the winners from last month--great cards :)

Bonnie Lynn said...

Love me some beach scenes!!! I made two as part of a new stamp release blog hop this month. Only linked one up since both are on the same blog post. Maybe I'll get a chance to stamp another one before the month is over.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a great new challenge,just wowed at all the great scenes, found you through the very talented Brenda.
janex

Vee Cassidy said...

Thank you for the reminder! The Design Team projects are wonderful. Vee xx